Stereotype. Good or Bad?

Posted by Dart_Leonhart on 4:10 PM

What is stereotype?For me stereotype is a way of thinking that every single person have their own group and place. For example brunette, blonde, Caucasian,  Negro, Asian and etc... and what I can think is stereotype have a positive and negative impact in our daily life. Believe or not stereotype is happen in anywhere and everywhere. When you meet a person and call him/her with their skin color or with their body size we already made a stereotype.
The positive side from a stereotype is that we can know in which group we are. Like in the picture above, we can stay in our group that have same style with us. Can you imagine if there are no stereotype maybe a kid can join adult group that like to drink alcohol. But, in addition that we not discriminate the other groups. We must care with other groups like we care with our own group.

This is the negative impact from a stereotype and for me personally I really hate this too. Same like the picture above I'm Asian but I hate math, I hate to count is that wrong? Many people think that Asian is good in math and like to become a merchant but I'm not want to be a merchant and I hate math. Other example is many people think that terrorists religion is Islam so the person that is Muslim are a  terrorist. It's wrong we can't said like that. Not all Muslim people is terrorist we can't judge that and can't you guarantee that only Muslim people is terrorist? We must change our way of thinking all people are same God made us to help each other and to think that we all  the God's hand made why we must think that each person is different. We must change our way of thinking, every people is same, we breath on the same air, live in the same planet, and we all the God's hand made, so what is the different??

I also think that different is good. Can you imagine if all people in the world have same skin color, same hobby, same interest, same body size, and all the same, same and, same? Just try to imagine how if all the people in the world think the same things, and want to do the same activity at one time........


Dart_leonhart

4 comments:

Comment by Anonymous on June 3, 2011 at 11:23 AM

I'm man, I'm gay and I liked yours text. You said an inevitable truth. I don't speak english very well, but I have that to praise. I think that stereotype is something bad.It discriminates, humiliates and kills. The people are different… each person are in its way...but who is different is discriminated in the society. The society demands a standard of all its members. They try to explain something inexplicable… we are different and end point... kisus! I adored to meet you... my e-mail is wesley.fabio@yahoo.com.br

 
Comment by Anonymous on June 4, 2011 at 12:16 PM

this article remind me to a song, Black or White. basically, we are all the same. God created us the same. it's really not appropriate for us to discriminate someone or a group. it's just bad. there is NO "we and others," there's ONLY us.

 
Comment by Dart_Leonhart on June 4, 2011 at 3:26 PM

thank you for the all compliment....yup i agree with all of you just try to accept the different and soon the world will be in peace...^^ thanks for you time to read and write the comment I really appreciate that.... :D

 
Comment by Anonymous on February 3, 2012 at 9:29 AM

Stereotypes are a natural reaction to ignorance about cultural others. I'afraid but I think We can't avoid that.

 

Post a Comment